Friday 3 April 2009

The Apprentice is back - yippee!

Oh gods how I love The Apprentice! There are hundreds of reasons why this programme should be complete shit, and yet, it is without doubt, the jewel in the back passage of reality TV.
I just love the way they cock everything up so masterfully. They are experts in their field of whinging; from their pathetic "I am the best of da best blah blah" to their last pout before "Sralan" points his beautifully manicured finger. And then the piece of resistance: "The Apprentice - You're Fired" poking fun at the contestants straight after.

I cringe, I laugh, I pundit on business matters (hindsight is such a wonderful thing), and ultimately I go to work the next morning and talk about it. It's a show to share, with stupid inane "to camera" comments that "You're Fired" store up for the contestants final demise: my favourites this week were James telling us his relief at not being fired led to another sort of relief ("it was only a little bit") and Howard's inane "business speak", who claimed to have done his best to "upwardly manage a floundering team leader".
I nearly wet myself too!
Meanwhile, on the other team, Yasmina tarted up her pikey, catmeat tuna with "fresh baseel" and "motzayellargh", while Kate's pitch about canopies [sic] was a classic ("bruschetta which is - always a favourite"). Her face was a picture .

What I love about the show is they haven't tried to "Big Brother" it and introduce all sorts of desperate rules, they just rely on the comic value of the contestants; again, not like BB contestants, who are merely irritating. Add Margaret and Nick to the mix and some very clever editing, and you have TV heaven.

The upshot of this is I can't wait for next episode, unlike some reality programmes when I can't wait for the network to pull the plug.

Other reality shows are available, but shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment